"The Big kids call me Mercury cause I'm the swiftest thing in the neighborhood."

"The Big kids call me Mercury cause I'm the swiftest thing in the neighborhood."Raymond's Run is about a girl name Squeaky who is preparing for a track meet. She later builds confidence in her running and beats a girl name Gretchen in the race.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Today's the day

Today's the day of the May day race. It is finallly here. I have been waiting for this day a long time. I'm ready to run and ready to win. So i put Raymond in the swings, and went to get my number. My lucky number is 7 and thats the number on the pin given to me. I waited to be called. So when i got my number, Mr.earson ask me if i am going to lose the race on purpose just so someone else can win. He said that i should let Gretchen win. I said to myself why should I let someone win who don't even like me. I took my number and stretched out in the grass watching the other kids run. I can see that Gretchen is my competition she is good but I'm better and i am going to win. So the race began, I heard Raymond cheering for me. I got in my running position and took off. But as I was running I seen Raymond on the other side of the fence running. I wanted to stop and look since I never seen him run before, but I was close to the finish line and went right pass the white ribbon.   

No comments:

Post a Comment